Hunger. That's the word in my vocabulary this week. All week long I've been reading about hunger for God. Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled".
No doubt before eating breakfast as I am now, I feel hungry. Yet, my hunger is still not so much that I become so desperate I can even gobble a lizard.
Hunger. Hungry for God. What does it actually mean? I'm sure it is not just plain hungry where the desire to eat just kicks in. I think hunger is an understatement. It is should be called starving. Starvation for the Almighty God.
But yet what does it mean? Tommy Tenney mentioned that many are actually hungry for God. They no longer want the stale food that many churhes offer. They no longer want the past bread of yesteryear. Most importantly, they do not want the GOd of the past tense. They are in fact searching for something deeper and more present. The God of the present.
Bible says that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. But it also talks about renewal. It never says what happened in the past may not happen in the future except of course concerning various disasters like the Great Flood. We sing that God's riches are new every day.
I don't actually know what I'm talking about now. I just know that we Christians are not hungry for God. Though our souls is starving our minds continues to take the drugs or pleasure, work and money. Are you hungry? What are you doing to fulfill that hunger?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment