Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year, a new day, a new beginning as some may say. But really what's so new? Come to think of it, it's just "tomorrow, tommorow and tomorrow". I think I'll just get to the point.

This year, a lot of opportunities seemed to come my way even before the year began. To start it, I already have a science project on my hands, plus i'm P&W Coordinator now and most probably class monitor. Only God knows what other doors will He open or close. But opportunities make me afraid. In the Bible, sometimes opportunities aren't there as a blessing, rather it's temptation in it's sweetest form. Think of David when he could have killed Saul and stuff like that. I'm afraid that I can't handle praise that comes from success and fall like Saul did. I'm afraid I let pride and selfishness rule me. I'm afraid.. really am.. yes i can control my actions but somehow my emotions are out of reach.. it's strange but sometimes i feel arrogant although i do not want to be... Please pray for me that success will not mean glory to me but to God, that pride will not be my ultimate downfall. I end with my theme song this year.



In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand

Chorus:
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope

Is Christ alone

In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord



Happy new year!

No comments: