Friday, December 26, 2008

Driving--More than fun

Woohoo! Driving! Was fun i must say... but don't sit in my car.. at least not yet, because i'm still driving with my eyes closed.. hehe.. exaggeration..

The time is 8.00a.m. I waited anxiously for my instructor to arrive. I was expecting that he arrives in his kancil and immediately we could start ot get down to business. But he drove his mercedes.. but no difference.

He started with the criteria of a good driver. A good system (road laws), good skills (driving skills, that is) and a good attitude. Then, he went into the function of the car parts. At one point i a little bored, i nearly slept. he he.. It was useful knowlegde. Jus too bad i didn't remember much. Oh.. just the part where the minimum speed for gear one is 1kmph, gear 2 is 5 kmph, gear 3 is 20kmph and gear 4 is 40kmph. Also the part not to open some liquid compartment too quickly, lest you boil yourself.

Just when i thought, it was going to end, he gave me the wheel. Immediately he asked me to drive to the roundabout. I was a little scared but excited. It was fun. Had problems with my turning tho.

Then we went to a corner where i practiced my full turns. Did a 8 shape for quite some time. Then he asked me to stop. What a surprise when he said:"Ok, now let's go home". I gave him a stare and then, asked:"I'm driving?".

"Yup, you scared?"
Nodded.

But off i go to a fun-filled journey home. Luckily no cases of my engine "dying". I wasn't really concentrating. Was really blur at that time so i just followed what he said. Got to overtake some slowbies and even went to gear 4, about 50kmph. Thrre's one time when i tried to change gear and pressed the accelerator but forgot to release the clutch. Guess what. I had the sound of the zoom of an F1 racer on a kancil but i didn't accelerate.. haha..

And I arrived safely (praise the Lord) home.

No comments: