Gave a birthday present to a friend just yesterday. Her birthday is during the hols so I can only give before or after. Well, I chose before.
I don't know what her response will be. Nah, it's not flowers or chocolates or anything romantic lest she be my girlfriend but it's love, unconditional love. The Jesus love.
I spent a pleasant and tedious amount of time on the present especially on the only piece of art that I can say that I'm good at. I won't go into details lest I'm labeled "doing it for my own glory". I sure hope it'll bless her. I nearly sacrificed my add maths just to make sure it can be finished and given before the hols. Phew, that was hard work.
I know it is impossible that someone will just overnight become passionate for God. God did say what sprouts overnight can also disappear overnight. I certainly do not want that to happen to her. But I hope she won't hate me and a friend for doing this. Yet, all is in His time, not mine not my friend's. No matter how much I want to see her grow in wisdom and stature, I realise it is beyond my control. I just want to see the love of Christ transform her. Maybe from a fierce tigress to a tigress of love and joy, a tigress whose yellow light shines brighter than the black and sinful stripes we all have before salvation. I notice she has many strengths, from loving her family to probably sincerity, to artistry to hardmorking. I do not know how many see these qualities in her but I do. I hope she knows too.
There is another quality that I find great. It is one I can't actually describe now. But I know she is just a doorstep away from heaven's house just that circumstance has prevented her from experiencing the joy. I do not know the condition of her heart or if Jesus dwells there already but I know or at least I feel I know, she is more ready to be a Christian than many other lukewarm Christians in the class. But who am I to judge, God have mercy on me.
Well, though I know she won't be reading this blog, I wish her a blessed birthday. (but if she reads this blog, she call me weird for saying all this). God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment