I know many would feel very irritated if we wanted to pray before exams. In fact I believe many don;t even see the need as it actually robs them of time for literal last minute revision. After all prayer doesn't work right?
The fact is, they prayed prayed AND prayed and results is the same with them crying i frustration every time a test ends. Some even choose not to go to church because they believe that studying at home is more effective. After all ,you can worship alone in private right? What does the church have to offer? Boring sermons and hypocrisy?!!
Sad.
That's all I can say.
If you remember well, when we were in the afternoon session we prayed before every semester exams and even non-Christians join us!! What a testimony!
The fact is Christianity was once alive and powerful till busyness and a lack of faith stops it. I do agree about the argument that why pray when nobody wants to. But why do people not want to?
Yes I rather be in the presence of 3 people whose hearts are set on God that 100 who feels the longer the prayer is the more waste of time. But I do admit lon prayers especially if it sounds like ritual recital makes me frustrated too.
Our good friends sis is critically ill. What are we doing about it? If there is a better time to pray it is now! Why? Because prayer, especially corporate prsyer glorifies God. Corporate prayer moves God's hands faster because it is a public show of our faith though some may use it to show how good they are. I keep thinking.. what if we gather publicly and pray one day for our friends sis, crying our hearts out to God asking for healing and he does heal. What a testimony! This will be great encouragement to the body of believers and non alike! What if it fails? Shall we lose faith and face? The fact is, we are not trying.
Another thing is that by SPM, I believe everyone will be asking when is the next prayer session. As if God only helps during big things like SPM and not during trial exams! What is the difference?!
Sorry but I just can't help it. I have to have this outburst. I feel like I'm a hypocrite for saying all this because at times I like that too but I REALLY REALLY want to see more of God and more of Christianity in action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment