This is about my P&W in Youth last Saturday.
Well, this week, Green Road is having their Malam Kebudayaan as I was told that also supposedly coincided with the City Day Parade thing. So I expected very little people to come and very few on the worship team to be here.
So I mentally prepared for no drums and maybe not even piano for the night P&W. I was P&W leader for the record don't know how many times in 3 months because the rest are busy with something else. I wonder if people are getting bored with me already or not. Nevertheless, it was my day again and another priviledge to serve... but it became more than ordinary.
10.00p.m. Friday
"Jeremy, am I playing tomorrow?"
"You? I thougt you are going to the greenian thingy?"
"Err.. no.."
"Ok then.. do come.."
12.00p.m.
"Jeremy, do you need still need me to play guitar or drums? There is a change of plans tonight and I can make it."
"Erm.. ok.. do come.. practice at 525p.m."
1230p.m.
"Jerermy, am I playing the piano tonight?"
"I thought you were going to the Greenian thing also?"
"Err.. no.."
"Oh, great.. do come.."
..........................................................................................
In a space of less than 24 hours, musicians suddenly offered themselves. Usually I had to call them all just to remind them to get them. This time they just called me. Not one. Not 2. But 3!
At first I was wondering what God is doing in all this. What does he want me to do? Play more songs? Sing more difficult songs? What? I just couldn't figure it out.. A guitarist, a drummer and a pianist just suddenly showed up.
Just 2 hours before practice, my brother pulled out. For some reason he just didn;'t want to play anymore. Iv tried persuading him. I tried understanding him. I just didn't know why he just wouldn't play. I nearly sohuted at hime because he has a habit of just pulling out suddenly or setting conditions just to serve. I was a little pissed. If he doesn't know certain songs, I suggested he let the other pianist play that part. If it is because he is scared, I do offer a considerable amount of a safety net so that even if he makes a mistake he will be covered. But he just ain't playing.
So now I got a full band, minus my brother.
My bro went to another practice for the main sunday service.
10 minutes later, he came back.
I wondered why so I asked him. He said apparently the time for practice has changed and he was not informed.
Then it dawned upon me.
The practice has been shifted back an hour which means it wil end an hour later than normal. This also means the two of the original people who were to play would not be able to be back to practice on time as they are involved there.
I was touched... really touched..
God knew something I din. God knew all along about the time change for practice. God knew that by the time I found out it would have been too late. I would only be left with a newbie guitarist whom later i found out could only play two songs of the five and a bassist. Have God not sent this 3 special people, I would not have made it on time that night for the Praise and Worship. Yes, it still wasn't the Spirit and passionate worship I wanted but it was the most special. The drummer who often was critized for his bad rhythm did good that night too.
I'm in awe. I only can say thanks in my heart for what God has done. He prepared a umbrella before a storm. Thank you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment