We all have giants in our lives don't we? It is unthinkable that a young boy David managed to overcome a 9-feet Goliath, but the fact is he did - and even that with a sling and a stone!
This two weeks are weks of facing my giants and I see them tumble down one by one. Praise the Lord! It started off with a choir retreat by my church choir. Initially i thought it was to be an ordinary seminar where I just listened and listened, period. Yet, it was not be. In fact the speaker from Singapore called it a workshop and that requires active participation from us. She called up my church choir for some master class. I was formerly from there so I tagged along. It nearly turned out to be a bad mistake because she asked us to sing a song we always practiced.. which whatever it was, I never did(I'm on a one-year leave). Luckily the tenors were to sing the melody. Phew! But I fumbled at the high notes. Kinda embarrassing although I didn't feel that way.
Sinve it was a four day retreat, I wondered if I should continue. I was in a dilema because, first, I'm not a choir member, second, I may be asked on certain occassions to sing a note or two and may fumble again and lastly, I got guitar lessons. I struggled. One want hand i feel I am missing a perfect opportunity in doing what i like most, that is to sing. On the other hand, I was afraid of the circumstance that surrounds it, especially the speaker who canm suddenly call you up to do something. I decided not to go. But the burning desire was too much. After calling up my guitar teacher to inform my last minute decision, I went.
First giant down.
Last Saturday, I went on my first outing in 17 years with my youth. Initially i also did not go but i decided to as it was my last time and because of the persuasion of my advisors. I had a great time. I had a breakthrough.
2nd giant down.
Just on Thursday, it was the choir practice for the national day celebrations in school. I was to conduct but know I do not treat it as a burden. Yes, I was in anxiety but no more so much that it cripples me.
3rd giant down.
This weeekend I will be having to play chess in a competition and helping in P&W at the same time. Not a very good decision. And adding on is my tame lost last night to someoone I stand a chance of beating, I feel more stressed. But I'm determined to press on. Even if I lose all my matches, I HAVE NO CONDEMNATION! Yes!
4th giant, in the name of Jesus you lose!
Next weekend for the first time I agreed without hesistation to help out in Sunday School with the dancing. You must be wondering what is Jeremy doing dancing right? Ha ha.. Well I am and it is a breakthrough. I know I can do it. Even if I fail, glory to God.
5th giant, in the name of Jesus I win again!
God's hand is bigger than mine, so are His ways higher than my ways. If a 9-feet tall giant is but a speck in His eyes, so shall the giant in my eyes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment