Friday, June 12, 2009

Updates

I'm so blur now.. down with the flu and laziness bug.. Mountains of work awaits.. what else could happen? I nearly even forgot i have a blog. So far, i'm just managing to survive. Aiks! That's bad. Must get down back to work mode after refreshing vacations from KL and Sematan which probably made me so weak i'm down with horrible flu which nearly cause me to faint.

Just a few updates:

The KL trip was the my most enjoyable trip with the choir. I never felt so happy in spite of being scolded badly for a mistake i deserve. It was probably the only or at least one of the only trip where i felt i belonged to the team. In the past, team trips usually causes me to feel alone because i somehow couldn't mix with the others even with my best friends in there. While the rest are all play and sleeping late, I would be the only one in the quietest room (my own room) getting ready to sleep. I always feared that I would be labelled anti-social because i don't hang out with others to play cards or strip-UNO. Yet, strangely, its this "anti-social" habit of mine that enables me to get close to people feeling down or lonely too although chances are rare.

This trip is a trip where i can mingle with the others. Honestly i never expected that because this time all my best friends are not in the choir. I nearly thought i would be lonely again. How wrong i am. This trip turn out to be my happiest moments. Maybe it's because i prefer mingling with junior people where i don't feel so inferior. The seniors were very friendly too. I guess our personality clicked and i was given a sense of importance. Best of all, my room mate even slept earlier and woke up earlier than me! I was amazed. In the past, i needed to wake them up. I salute the guy.

This is my second Malaysian Choral Eistedfodd (formerly Young Singers Choral Festival). My first wasn't a pleasant experience. I was junior conductor at that time, leading a whole group of newbies. Being not so musically inclined, my conductor was anything but good. So imagine the fear, the rebukes and the i'm-not-up-to-expectations feeling. Worst is that just months before, the choir performed with the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra-- now this conductor came? How contrasting is this MCE. I can only praise the Lord for giving me this experience. To add cherry to the cream, choir got a silver diploma, betterring the result during the World Choir Games. (did i mention the presence of Phillipines in the competition greatly increases the value of my co-curricular marks.. yay!)

Conclusion: Love it!

The Sematan Palm beach Worship and Music Camp on 8th to 10th June was another eye opener. This time it in terms of worship . Dr Myrleene Yap was our speaker for the camp. She's a W&M lecturer at Singapore Bible College. It's the first time i learnt so much about worship. She added a whole new dimension to my understanding of worship. Another speaker was Alma. She seems to be able to prophecy. If Dr. Yap brought understanding, she brought power. Another choral workshop speaker was Miss Wong, my conducting teacher in form 2 during conducting course. She brought fun. Last but not least is Uncle Tracy, our very own music director. He brought a personal touch to the camp.

I jotted down many notes about what worship is and isn't but i remember vividly a few very clearly. One quote that i understood but this time strikes me most was

"Worship Brings Transformation"
Another note that struck me was the part where David wanted to buy a plot of land in order to build an altar to God and said this:

"I Will not Offer to God what costs me nothing"

These 2 quotes spoke volumes to me. I just pray that people can see that worship does bring transformation in me and that from now on, i'll never give God my left overs ever again. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. Eventually... I read your blog and now... I am catching your flu.. hahaha.. jokin. But its true i've got flu.. lol.