Friday, July 10, 2009

Alabaster Jar

I toiled the sun in sweat and blood
I mustered couraged ready to flood
But have my efforts gone to waste?
Why is the fruits not of my taste?

Jonah grumbled at the sweltering heat
He was angry and took the beat
God sprouted a tree to overshadow him
Just as quick as it came the tree became limp

Why? Asked the ungrateful Jonah
Don't you know now its sauna?
Why? Asked God is His awesome power
The tree is my right its not your flower

I have now one alabaster jar
It's worth more precious than a thousand cars
It's oil has fermented, became great wine
I seriously thought it was time to dine

Then time shook its head gently told me no
I went my way, i asked him "so"?
He rang louder telling me not yet
"It is my will and it is set"

Why? Asked the one to feast
You know my desire, you're the last of my least
Why? God answered in awesome power
Do you hold to the jar, not the jars i'll shower?

What i learnt in ISCF today is that when an acrobat swings from one spot to the other, there's no way he can hold on to the string and expect to reach the other end. There's also no way, he can depend on himself to get across. The only simple but most difficult thing he needs to do is this: let go of the string and by faith know that his partner will safely catch him.

I know God is waiting on the other side. I know the hands of God are safe. I know he'l catch me. But can i let this string go?

Time will tell.

Despite this, i'm convinced of one thing: That letting this go will result in 2 fold, 3-fold or even a hundred-fold blessings.

By faith.

No comments: