Thursday, May 1, 2008

True Love Waits Rally

When I left my church on the night of 26th April, I left with mixed emotions. On one hand I was thrilled someone special came and sat beside me to support me although she doesn't know how encouraged I was. On the other hand, the lack of encouragement from my church members left me wondering if I sang well enough to make an impact on the people that came to the talk that night.
True Love Waits. That was the theme of the night and the theme song that was composed by my sister and lyrics written by me. The night started off with that song which I had grown to endear myself to. My duet partner Jocelyn kicked it off by singing the verse and prechorus so beautifully, and I, drawing on all the emotion and strength I could get from the Almighty one and special one, sang the chorus. I could see the smile on her face at the sometimes when she looked at me. I would have looked at her longer if I could without raising suspicions.
Then, came the tambourine dances proceeded by the P&W. It was good to praise God together with 400+ youths, especially during action songs like Now That You're Near. We had fun and praise. Although it was short as I felt I had to save time for the more important stuff of the night, it was great to worship and lead worship in such a big setting. Praise God for giving me peace. May His name be praised.
The talk lasted 40 minutes or so and it was really funny to have Rev. Dr. Tie to be our speaker that night. He spoke on the need for purity and things to look out for. After that, it was the dance of the True LOve Waits Song and drama and Q&A and the end. We got free gifts that bears TLW that reminded us that True LOve Really Waits. Oh, we also signed a pledge.
My point is usually after singing there'll be tons of people saying well done and stuff like that but that night, there wasn't. Like I did something wrong. But looking back I thank God, only 2 did because indeeed it should be God that is glorified, not His servant. Indeed, from composing the song till the last word of the night, it is not about us impacting the 400+youths. It is God. The fact that we still can draw so many people in spite of the clash of dates with ER is a miracle.
Yes, I admit I was disappointed I wasn't glorified but you can see how stupid I was. It's just one of my flaws that I need cleansing by Jesus from. I'm not perfect! But may God empower me to be more and more like Him.
So what's up in my life? Important dates:
1. 10 May: Exam!!!!!
2. 17 May: Sis Birthday
3. 18 May: One of good friend's birthday
4. 20 May: State level teacher's day celebration! (I'm co-conducting with Wee Cheng)
5: 24 May: Someone long lost is coming home!
6: June Holidays:
7. 14 June: Those who don't know this date need to know me better. (wonder how many presents will I get?)

And pray for my exams, especially. I'm so distracted by something I can't say here and many other things. I need to focus! I still don't understand time efficiency. Five years of laziness is not easy to change.

No comments: