Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Mostest Bestest and Mostest Busiest Birthday

I woke up this morning feeling a little nervous. Will I be conducting today? Just the thought of conducting and leading the choir for the last time put a lot of pressure on me. I guess I'm so the very easily pressured.

Well, fortunately Wee Cheng is willing to help me conduct this time. I was relieved although a little pai sei because didn't let him conduct because i can't but because i was actually running away from responsibility. So bad ho?

Well, just in case you do not know, today is my birthday. Yup, and I instructed those who might remember my birthday to keep it hush for today's Teachers' Day. I certainly didn't want the whole world to know its my birthday. However something fishy happened.

Well, you see. At first the choir was no singing very well. And we practised and practised before our performance. After awhile, I called for a break. I remember telling Ralph that as a leader I had to make a decision between letting them watch the performance or to continue to practise. I chose the latter and told him since its my last day, it'll be alright for me to be the bad guy for this once.

When I came back, suddenly everyone looked at me. I thought it was just my "handsomeness" as I always like to say(but come to think of it.. it feels so wrong... so unlike me) . Then Aaron just stood up and said they liked to sing another round. I was surprised at this and felt encouraged that they want to do better. So I gladly went up to sing togther with them. But then Aaron said that he wanted me in front of the choir. He said he wanted my comments. Fishy, but I didn't smell it coming. When they started singing, I felt something amiss. They sang a little weirdly good... I mean not perfect but much better. I felt my senses kicking in that something is hapenning but I just don't know what. So I just let them sing tll the end.

*Finishing chord from the pianist*


*A take of a breath*


"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday.....
By this time, I was taking the table cloth and hiding my head under it. O my goodness! Where did that come from? I thought I told the people not to tell. Ha ha.. I admit it ws a pleasant surprise. Just so simple, so shocking. I had to had time to regroup myself. If I had been more expressive, I probably would have cried. It was really special from them.

I thought, it was going to be another lonely birthday with every who unintentionally found out my birthday saying "Oh it's your birthday? I forgot.. sorry... happy birthday".. and all the other excuses ... ha ha.. sorry for that but I treat birthdays quite important.

I had even more surprise. Ernest remembered my birthday and even got me a special card that sings the birthday song (maybe to make up for him not singing it.. ha ha). Of course my other friends got me nice gifts too and they were very special indeed. But I guess what will make me the most happy is that the special one never forgotten my birthday. she gave something a little weird and never explained if there is any intricate meaning but nevertheless, I love it to the brim (still don't know what is it supposed to b though ...ha ha ha.. don't tell her... ha ha..). I'm sure she really meant it when she gave it. Too bad I can't spend time with her.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Thank you Lord, for this wonderful birthday. Too bad it's my last year with my friends already. Hopefully, we'll meet again someday and celebrate each other's birthday. Hopefully one of those day's will be in heaven. Amen.

No comments: