Thursday, June 12, 2008

Piano exam, faith and encouragement

Piano exam!! Today!!! Although I admit I have not perfected anything yet, I'm pretty much prepared. In fact, this is the first time i practiced so hard. In the past, I barely could memorise anything. Now, I can memorise almost half of each of my songs.

Just a week ago i was ultra low on confidence. No thanks to my imperfections in playing the piano plus aural and scales, my traditional stronghold. I was wanting to pour out my feelings to someone but i guess people don't see how bad it can be. Even the special one did not.

So I thought this was it. I tried my best anyways, sadly. Till...

It was this Monday. Ryner surprisingly just jumped at me started a new "philosophy"-well, based on the Bible. He calls it the "Confession of The Word". It works practically like this: Everyday he would go to someone and speak truth and encouragement into someone's life. This is not to make them feel better or anything. In fact it is to fill them with the truth that they will dwell on whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, anythig that is praiseworthy or excellent and let the truth set them free.

So he was coming to me and going all how God will guide me in my piano exam and that many times even in prayer we focus on the problems instead of the power of God. We pray: Dear Lord, perfect my scales, aural, pieces, ... bla bla bla... In Jesus name, Amen. So what are we thinking of? Our problems. But when we turn our eyes on Jesus, to focus on His greatness and take our eyes of our problems, that is when we can say in faith that we can do it. How true.

One logic he gives is this: If I say the word "Orange", the first thing that comes to your mind is surely orange and not apple, right?. Therefore, if we keep saying we are not good, we will strive to be good?

He inspired me. I went on that night to perform my best pieces in one year. But last night i flunked again due to tiredness. bUt I believe today will be different. Not because i'm less tired but because the hand of God is with me.I believe that. I admit, i'm fearful of what if my hopes is placed in the wrong position? I will fall greatly just like in choir. But I guess this is what faith is all about. It is about committing all our worries and our fears to one Awesome God. The higher risk, the greater the faith, the more God will be glorified.

No comments: