Hey, it's been a long time since I posted anything rite? Was busy with my youth camp.. well, since that's what I'm up to the last week I guess I should write about it, no?
Where do I start?.. hmm.. we started planning this youth camp not long ago.. in fact, it was very last minute, abour the end of October.. That's why we were rushing in the planning all the way through. Let's skip the details of the planning, shall we?
The climax before the camp was most certainly a night before the closing date. Well, we initially targetted 70 participants and at first I thought that was too little. So imagine what a scare it was to only have 8 people sign just the day before the deadline!!! Of course if all committee memebers sign up, it will be at least 20 but that's not even half the number!
There were rumours going on about cancellation, rumours that appears so true that even some of the committee members started believing them. Who could blame them, since the numbers speak for themselves. One thing that we discusss in the meeting after that which I find very true is that, the organising committee's main task is to organise not to cancel. Why organise if you cancel it that easily?
That day was a Saturday, 17 November to be exact. That night, after MYF, I felt the need to pray. Even if we will fail, I want to make sure we do not go down without inquiring of the Lord. Therefore, I asked all committee members to pray at the same time that night, 11p.m. I asked that they pray that the Lord will grant us at least 40 people but not so that we can proceed with the camp but so that through the camp and through those who went, God may be glorified. And so we prayed, I hope (but sorry to the two I didn't manage to contact).
The following day, we only managed to get 30plus people, so we extended the deadline to Thursday, hoping. By the grace of God, we manage to get 44 participants! Hallelujah! God is good. And I know, that because the Lord granted us this breakthrough, I believe He wants to do something.
After alll last minute details have been sorted out, it is just a wait for the second only camp if I'm not mistaken) that Im' going to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aiyoyo... good la good la. 44 ppl..
Post a Comment