Well, i think i'll just write a synopsis about both here then.
Penang-Cameron trip.
It was the best trip i ever had and I mean it. Yes, i been to Australia and it was better than Penang but i didn't really get to enjoy the place because of one of my past phobias which those close to me will know. This time in Penang, it did happen again but not that bad and a lot of time i manage to subdue it in Jesus name. So I can enjoy the lovely food there, especially in TGI Fridays, love that place a lot. Got proffessional workers too.
And i learnt a lot from my trip here. I learn more about Geography and History. Regret not coming earlier, i could have been Geo and Sej pro if I did, just hope my bro didn't miss this chance to learn.
I also made new friends, especially with Uncle Ronnie. Will always remember his famous quote to me while we were speaking, :"You can choose your wife but you can't choose your parents". I will definitely not love someone so blindly till i can't even tell my right hand from my left. If I do, faithful friends out there, please do me a favour and knock the senses back to me.
I also got to watch my first English Premier League on Astro. Too bad Chelsea lost to Arsenal that day.
I got to see new places, know the culture, albeit only a bit, of West Malaysians. I did come back with a renewed determiantion to fight the good fight.
I also managed to share about God too but I won't say how. Just want to challenge you to do the same on your trips.
Youth Camp.
Uncle Maclean Patrick. Boy, he is a great speaker. I learnt a lot from him. The most profound thing i learnt from him is this interesting quote
"What are you doing here?"
Indeed, what are we doing in the youth camp? He asked that so many times, i just nearly exploded and said:" I'm here to experience God and seek Him!!". I would have exploded if he pointed the question to me. It also made me sad that this question wasn't asked earlier. I would have asked for night curfews on the campers and tougher rules so that the camp's main objective, that is learning more about God will not be compromised. :(
Conclusion: These 2 activities have shaped the way I think and i hope it is everlasting and not just hangat-hangat tahi ayam. Pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment