Have been busy for the past few days. Exam coming up so can't write too much. Well, have been struggling lately with the issue of charismatic movements. It is so confusing as to whether Charismatics are on the right side or no.
It is just that on Saturday I attended a talk that is against Charismatic doctrine. He spoke about speaking in tongues, healing, prophecy and various charismatic doctrine on spiritual gifts. He also spoke about Charismatics emphasising too much on experience and the fact that they are going back to the Word just so that they can selectively choose part of the word which supports their doctrine instead of doing it because it is right.
I'm confused. On one hand, some of his arguments is right but then you can't deny that John Wesley, founder of Methodism has also various charismatic experiences such falling under the power. There are also some other questions I'd like to ask him but have no chance. I do agree that various worship songs are not based on the Bible and therefore should not be sung as it will give people a false impression of the Word of God.
That's all for now. Hopefully God can teach me something through this confusion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment