"Mummy, don't worry. I'll do the laundry, iron the clothes and even cook tonight's dinner. You just take your deserved rest, ok?" a girl of 10 years was telling her mum.
No doubt her intentions was good. Who wouldn't want a daughter so young and yet understanding. After all, she realised that mummy has sacrificed a lot for her and now is a good time to give her something back. But as they say it, "It is easier said than done."
The laundry is somewhat an easy task. It is the first task so of course she is filled with energy and joy that she is now able to share her mother's burdens. However later, as she continues on with ironing and then cooking, she realises that doing so much is no mean work. In fact it is taxing for a young and innocent girl like her. Though her intentions is still to repay what her mom has done, she can't help but have thoughts of complaining and grumbling and also "Why did I do this in the first place?"
The same thing happened to me recently. I was doing my oral. I know I had a lot of potential in speaking in public but nevertheless I told God that no matter what will be my marks, I will still give the glory to Him. While speaking in front, I thought I did a better-than-good-but-not-yet-excellent job. I got 2 marks less than the full marks. I said I was satisfied and gave glory silently to God. However, today when one of my best friends got full marks, indeed I was happy for her. After all, she deserved it and is one of my best friends but I can't help but feel disappointed.
I know I should not feel that way. While others aim to get it done with with the oral asap, my aim is to present something that will impact the lives of those who listen by what I say with the anointing of the Holy Spirit. I think I managed to that though my marks ain't that good. If you ask God, I think he'll say its a good job done. I think Satan is trying to make me jealous and causing me to sin. But glory to God for results and hers, though I still feel disappointed i could not get full marks.
Another case is when I got my piano results. I got a merit and all I can say to my friends is that it was my lowest mark or I could have done better. It was only last night that God suddenly remined me that I forgot to give thanks. Before the exam, I told God that I'll give glory to Him no matter what I get. But as humans are always forgetful, I have forgotten. Forgive me Lord:(
According to the book "Cat and Dog Theology", many Christians live like a cat. They have the mentality that "you pet me, you feed me, I must be God." Contrary to dogs who have the mindset "you pet me, you feed me you must be God". We often see life as all about ourselves, and not God. We think salvation is all about us, healing is all about us, the church exists to serve us and music is for us. But we are actually missing the bigger picture. Life is not about us, we are about life. Throughout the years we forgotten that life is about our creator, for the glory of our creator which is God. We can never be primary and God secondary. God must always be our number one.
I love to write more but I'm losing time. About the girl's story just now, what I like to say is, I have the desire to love God and to give all glory to Him but at times my human fraility causes me to grumble and try to take credit away from God and unto myself. So sad.. ha ha.. Pray for me.. Till next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment